Spike Renewables Srl is particularly focused on biomass and bioenergy/biofuels:
- Design and lab plant prototyping for thermochemical process (pyrolysis, HidroTermal Liquefacion HTL) for bio oil production from lignocellulosic biomass;
- R&D in bio oil reforming and syngas treatment;
- Test on engines and microturbines Capstone C30 feed by vegetable pure oils in collaboration with IBT Europe Capstone;
- Plant design for upgrading by esterification and emulsification of fatty acidy rich oils in collaboration with SILO SpA;
- Design of industrial oil mills for biofuel applications;
- Spike covers the agronomic and agricultural aspects especially as regards the feedstock for biofuel production and other non-food oil crops, a collaboration with CEBI 2000 (Brazil) is ongoing;
- Biofuels Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).